The Ozark Mountain Music Festival, better known as OzMoMu, celebrates its eighth year in 2022, in Downtown Eureka Springs. This popular event features an Americana Roots style which is an Ozark Mountain Fusion of Bluegrass, Folk, Urban and Americana Roots sounds. This winter festival is held inside at the 1905 Basin Park Hotel and is known for its “unique vibe of an outdoor music festival on indoor stages.”
Performances kickoff on Thursday night and continue for four days on multiple stages in the 1905 Basin Park Hotel. The Festival located in the middle of Eureka Springs Downtown Entertainment District includes popular Late-Night Jam on both Friday and Saturday nights to be held in nearby Chelsea’s Corner Cafe & Bar.
“With no backstage area the attendees and bands are all together in the same space. Hanging out with the bands is what makes OzMoMu so unique” stated Mary Howze, Festival Coordinator.
7 Reasons OzMoMu Is The Thing To Do In January:
- Winter’s only outdoor festival held indoors
- Where the attendees and the bands party together; there’s no backstage
- Foot-stompin’, energizing, sing right along with the bands
- Take over the whole hotel… friends on every floor
- Roll to Chelsea’s after hours… then roll back to rest up for next day
- Kick-a** Galaxy Grass
- Bloody Mary Show Finale on Sunday to say “G’bye… till next OzMoMu”
- What are the safety precautions?
- You can view our Health and Safety rules here
- We will be requiring proof of vaccination or a negative covid test at check-in. Festival-goers will be able to stop by the welcome table at any point each day to go through their health check.
- Staff will be wearing masks.
- Are Kids Allowed?
- Kids 0-10 years old are welcome for free. Suggested for kids to leave by 8PM on Friday/Saturday Nights. 10-18 yrs are $20 for the festival weekend. Please pay at welcome table in the lobby.
- Where will the event take place?
- Indoors at the Basin Park Hotel. Stages will be set up on the 6th floor Ballroom, 1st Floor JR’s Game Room & a Listening Room available in the cave (lobby level). Late Night Jam Sessions at Chelsea’s Bar Downtown.
- What are Listening Rooms?
- This year we are adding a listening room in our Cave area on the lobby level. The listening room will feature artists that have more than music to share, they have stories to go with it. The location is unique and the setting is very intimate. We will encourage festival-goers to participate in a quieter fashion in this area. We pulled the concept from the famous International Folk Alliance that is held in Kansas City. It is a space that allows the artist a space to communicate with the crowd.
- First Time Attending?
- For the newcomers, we encourage you to book your room fast as the hotel will sell out. The hallways become hangout spaces and the festival-goers become friends. This becomes a full festival experience to stay inside a hotel where the artists/music and people are are all together – all weekend long.
- What other events besides the music will be going on this year?
- Daily Activities at the Basin Park Hotel offered to all festival attendees. (Subject to change)
- Door Decorating Contest!
- We encourage festival attendees who are staying overnight at the hotel to decorate their room door for a chance to WIN a festival ticket for the following year.
- Theme Nights
- Theme Nights encouraged for each night. Why? Just for Fun and Great Photos!
- Toupee Thursday: Wig it up! Wear a Colorful Wig, Try a new Hairdo or Just Be You.
- Fictional Friday: Dress up as your favorite character from a movie TV show, book and beyond.
- Sequin Saturday: Back by popular demand, put your best sequence, rhinstones, anything shiny!
- Door Decorating Contest!